If upon booting your Windows system, you continuously get the error – Disk Read error occurred, Press Ctrl+Alt+Del to restart right here are some things you may attempt to resolve the problem.
The very first thing you want to do is, press Ctrl+Alt+Del and see. However, while you press Ctrl+Alt+Del, if on reboot, the system brings you again to the identical error display screen, and this goes in a loop, you could want to troubleshoot additional. If this error is accompanied by an odd noise which signifies a subject.
A disk read error occurred
The causes of the error might be many, however we will slim them down to three primary ones:
- Incorrect MBR configuration: The commonest of causes for incorrect MBR configuration are disk write errors and virus assaults. To fairly an extent, it’s resolvable via software program stage troubleshooting with out altering the onerous disk.
- Wrongly configured partition desk: If the partition desk is just not configured proper, this subject may but be resolved on the software program stage.
- The downside might be with the bodily onerous disk itself.
1] Run Check Disk from the command immediate
Since the pc received’t boot, we want to troubleshoot the problem utilizing .
After booting to the Advanced Options menu, click on on Command Prompt.
Once the Command Prompt display screen is open, execute the next command:
chkdsk C: /f /x /r
In this path, C is your root drive. It might be modified if totally different.
If it finds and fixes the problems, you’ll get a report of the errors. If not, it will show the message Windows has scanned the file system and located no issues. In that case, transfer on to the following step.
2] Repair Master Boot Record
Since the earlier case has been remoted, the issue may be with the Master Boot Records (MBR). At occasions, the Master Boot Records can get corrupted. Though a major problem, it may be rectified. You may have to .
three] Update the BIOS of the system
Now, that is difficult, and you aren’t aware of it, don’t attempt it. Updating the BIOS may cause points if executed incorrectly – however on the similar time has been recognized to resolve such issues. So of your Window system. You would possibly want to obtain the BIOS from the producer’s web site and create a media CD/DVD for the method. If the problem persists regardless of updating the BIOS, we may safely assume the issue is with the .
four] Checking the Hardware
This would possibly want non permanent elimination of the onerous drive and wishes to be executed by somebody sound with pc .
- Remove the onerous drive and join it to another system. Check for those who can entry the information and folders. In case the system reads the onerous drive, please scan it utilizing restoration instruments and run a virus verify.
- Should you’ve got causes to imagine that the onerous drive is working nicely when linked to one other system, you would possibly think about changing the onerous disk cables or possibly even the connection ports.
- Replace the RAM. Or if in case you have 2 RAM modules within the system, attempt interchanging their slots. Also, wipe off the mud from these chips simply in case it’s interfering.
- In the occasion of overheating of fuming from the , please take the machine to a technician instantly.
If the options talked about above don’t work, we would want to ship the system to a technician for restore.
All the very best!