Many a time Windows Updates fail to put in when your PC will not be appropriate with the software program replace. This is often based mostly on points Microsoft is aware of, and the suggestions it will get from OEM and Windows Insiders. Windows Update comes with its personal kill change constructed into the KB patches or any replace which triggers in case of compatibility points. Today, we’re speaking about how you can block the unsupported popup in Windows Update.
This problem has majorly popped up for Windows 7 and Windows eight.1 machines which had been due upgrading to Windows 10. It triggered this kill change for Intel seventh technology processors, together with Sky Lake and Kaby lake architecture, and the AMD Ryzen processor line. Because of this, no extra updates had been rolling out for these PCs.
Block Unsupported Hardware Popup
If you might be up for the danger to put in the replace, and certain that it’s going to be just right for you, here’s a device to repair this. Zeffy, a developer, on GitHub has created a device WUFUC, which scans for these sort of kill switches, and patches. This method the replace could be put in on these PC. This man has reversed engineer Windows Update.DLL to take away the flag.
- Download the file from here.
- Extract the file in your laptop, after which right-click on the batch file referred to as as “aio-wuaueng.dll-patch_xxx“.
- Run this file as Administrator
- You can also select to make use of the installer program if you happen to really feel comfy. There is a 32 Bit, and a 64-bit model accessible.
This will patch the DLL with its personal settings. Reboot the pc, after which re-attempt to obtain Windows Update once more. It ought to work now.
A couple of issues you must know:
- Every time a Windows Update completes, the DLL will get restored to the official model. You should reinstall the patch if that occurs each time.
- The sfc /scannow fails due to this patch. Make certain to take backups of your laptop utilizing disk picture instruments.
- Removing Microsoft KB4015549 replace a number of occasions, and rebooting the PC typically work as nicely. However, it’s not assured.
So mainly each time Microsoft releases an replace, obtain the latest model of the device from GitHub, and use it earlier than putting in it in your PC.
However, I’d recommend you strive the common replace and see if it really works for you. It is feasible that Microsoft might need fastened or rolled out an answer for you.