Printers Drivers may be infamous. I keep in mind having loads of hassle with them in my faculty days, and even now when I’ve a number of printers at house. One of the frequent points which we have now cited in the boards is the place the shoppers weren’t in a position to print paperwork. The error appeared in the Windows 10 Settings web page the place it says — Printer Driver is unavailable. In this publish, I’ll share a number of tips that can assist you repair this drawback.
Cant print paperwork
Printer Driver is unavailable in Windows 10
These are among the high options accessible from discussion board customers which have labored for them. You ought to know that despite the fact that individuals could have the identical drawback, options may be completely different.
- Reset Firewall for Network Printers
- Reinstall the Printer Driver
- Use Microsoft Driver
- Install Driver in Compatibility Mode
- Suggestions for an outdated Printer
Some of the tips will solely work when you’ve admin privileges. Make positive to verify if the issue was resolved after every listed answer.
1] Reset Firewall for Network Printers
If its a community printer you’ve put in on the pc, it might probably get blocked by Firewall. It might be the IP handle of the printer or the port quantity. The very first thing it is advisable to is to search out the IP handle of the printer utilizing your router or one other pc. Next, If you’ll be able to handle , then you’ll be able to verify if the port or IP has been blocked. You can both manually take away it or
2] Reinstall the Printer Driver
The subsequent is the apparent step to reinstall the printer driver. You can set up the motive force , or you should use the .
- Type devmgmt.msc in the Run immediate and press the Enter key
- Navigate to Print queues, and find the printer
- Right-click on it and choose Uninstall.
- Restart the pc. Windows will then try and reinstall the motive force.
During set up, it should verify with the Windows Update Service, and search for an official driver to put in.
three] Use Microsoft Driver
Some customers reported that putting in the generic driver has helped. These drivers are supplied by Microsoft in case there are not any official drivers accessible.
- Open gadget supervisor (devmgmt.msc)
- Locate the printer, and right-click on it
- Click on Update Driver from the menu, and select to browse manually
- In the following display, choose “Let me choose from a listing of obtainable drivers on my pc.”
- Then choose the motive force that has a “Generic” identify in it.
- Install the motive force and verify if that works.
four] Install Driver in Compatibility Mode
If there is a compatibility challenge with the motive force and present model of Windows, it is best to set up the printer driver utilizing compatibility mode. To execute this methodology, you will want to put in the motive force from the OEMs web site.
- Right-click on the setup file, choose properties.
- Switch to the
- First, run compatibility troubleshooter, if that doesn’t work, then verify the field subsequent to Run this program in Compatibility mode
- Apply, after which set up the motive force to see if it really works as anticipated.
5] If it’s an outdated Printer
If you are attempting to make an outdated printer work, then right here is a neat trick that is accessible with Windows.
- GO to Settings > Devices > Printers and scanners
- Next click on on Add a printer or scanner button
- When it shows hyperlink which says—The printer that I would like isn’t listed, click on on it
- Select the radio button which says, “My printer is a bit of older. Help me discover it.”
- It will then scan for older fashions, and may discover it for you.
- Since Microsoft maintains a large database of drivers by means of the replace service, it should set up the motive force as properly.
That concludes our options that may show you how to resolve the issue — Cant print paperwork, Printer Driver is unavailable in Windows 10.