Facebook quietly upgraded its Messenger app for Windows 10 with the flexibility to make voice and video calls. The characteristic labored with all main browsers like Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, and Microsoft Edge. However, many customers report the Facebook Messenger voice calls and video calls do not work on Microsoft Edge as marketed. In this submit, we take a look at this subject and attempt to repair it.
Facebook Messenger voice & video calls not working on new Edge
Facebook Messenger voice calls and video calls characteristic was primarily rolled out with one intention – allow quick access to voice and video calls with out leaving the app to ring up a buddy by means of a browser. If the app doesn’t work with Windows 10 Edge, as desired, you’ll must take the next two actions to repair the difficulty.
- Enable Camera & Microphone entry for Edge
- Allow Camera entry to Facebook Messenger app.
If you might have Facebook Messenger voice calls and video calls characteristic enabled, you’ll get name notifications if somebody rings you up. You can select to reply or depart voicemails in your mates’ inboxes. Also, you may choose which digital camera to make use of, report your video calls and do group voice.
Note: Group calling is not at present obtainable when utilizing Chrome or Microsoft Edge.
1] Enable Camera & Microphone entry for Edge
Privacy settings assist you to select how a lot info you wish to share with Microsoft by altering your privateness settings. Make certain Edge as entry to gadgets to make voice and video calls doable.
- Click on the Start button, and then click on on Settings
- Navigate to Privacy > Camera > Turn on toggle for Edge.
- Next, choose Microphone, and flip on the toggle for Edge.
Open Facebook messenger in Edge, and strive making a video or voice name. Edge will immediate you for site-specific entry from Facebook. Make certain to offer the permission.
2] Allow Camera entry to Facebook Messenger app
If you might be planning to make use of the Facebook Messenger app, it’s essential give the identical permissions.
- Go to Settings > Privacy > Camera
- Turn on the toggle beneath Allow Apps to entry your digital camera.
- Next beneath “Choose apps that may use your digital camera,” flip on the toggle for Messenger app.
- Repeat the identical for the Microphone.
It will allow entry for each the digital camera and microphone for the Messenger app.