Microsoft Outlook throws an error code 0x8004060c, which leads to no incoming and outgoing e mail utilizing the Outlook shopper. The drawback is with the PST file, which has grown greater than Office or Outlook can deal with. The most restrict on the PST file is 20 GB. If you’ve got a variety of emails configured which makes use of the identical PST file, then it’s possible you’ll get this error. In this put up, we are going to present you how one can repair Outlook error 0x8004060c during Send/Receive operation.
Outlook error 0x8004060c during Send/Receive operation
When the restrict reaches, you’re going to get a notification error message whenever you click on on Send and Receive e mail or each time it syncs. The error message says-
Task ‘[email protected] – Receiving’ reported error (0x8004060C): ‘The message retailer has reached its most measurement. To cut back the quantity of knowledge on this message retailer, choose some objects that you just not want, and completely (SHIFT + DEL) delete them.
The steps you may undertake are:
- Delete Unnecessary emails
- Run Mailbox Cleanup software
- Move Old Items into completely different PST file
- Compact Outlook Data File
- Increase Outlook PST Storage most measurement
It will not be related for accounts like Outlook, Live, Gmail, and something that’s utilizing the POP3 kind of connection. But in case you are utilizing anything, then you should use it.
1] Delete Unnecessary emails
If it’s potential, discover out emails which might be cumbersome and pointless.
- Open Outlook, change to the View tab
- Then click on on Arrange By and choose attachments.
Now you’ll want to filter out emails that aren’t crucial and delete them.
2] Run Mailbox Cleanup software
is an inbuilt software which will help work out massive measurement emails straightforward. Click on File > Info > Mailbox Settings > Tools > Mailbox Cleanup.
Here you may view particular person Mailbox Size, Find historical emails, empty deleted objects folder and take away all of the alternate variations of things in your mailbox.
three] Move Old Items into completely different PST file
At the identical place, you’ve got one other software–Clean up outdated Items. It helps you progress outdated objects to an Outlook Data file. So all these further emails might be transferred to a different PST file. It provides some respiration area to your present PST file.
Click on Tools > Clean up outdated objects > Then choose which folder you need to archive, set date, after which set the situation of the archive file or Archive PST file.
four] Compact Outlook Data File
Outlook reduces the dimensions of PST recordsdata by compacting it. When you delete any e mail, the background course of will be certain the file measurement of PST can also be corrected by compacting it. You can even select to start out the method manually. However, there’s a small situation. You can not compact an Offline Outlook Data File (.ost).
- Go to File > Ingo > Tools > Empty deleted objects folder perpetually.
- Then once more, to File > Info > Account settings. It will open the Account settings window.
- Switch to the Data Files tab, click on the info file that you just need to compact, after which click on Settings.
- Click the Advanced tab > Outlook Data File Settings.
- In the Outlook Data File Settings dialogue, click on Compact Now.
- Click Ok and the method of compacting the PST recordsdata will begin
Make positive to examine this to grasp if the Outlook Error 0x8004060c Send/Receive continues to be there or resolved.
5] Increase Outlook PST Storage most measurement
Microsoft places the restrict due to some cause, however it may be modified. If you aren’t pleased with shifting recordsdata into completely different PST, then it’s greatest to make use of this technique to take away the restrict.
The settings for Outlook 2016, 2019 & 365 is at:
If you’ve got a unique model, change 16 with its quantity. E.g., Outlook 2013: 15.zero, Outlook 2010: 14 and so forth.
- Right-click on the fitting pane, and create two DWORD
- MaxLargeFileSize – It is the utmost file measurement of the PST file
- WarnLargeFileSize – Warning message when the file measurement of the PST file reaches a sure restrict.
- You have to enter the worth when it comes to MB. So if the utmost restrict is 50 GB, which is 5120MB, you’ll want to set a worth greater than this. You can set it as 80GB or 8192MB
- For WarnLarge File Size, you’ll want to enter 95% of no matter quantity you set for MaxLargeFileSize.
We hope the steps had been straightforward to comply with, and also you had been capable of ship and obtain emails in Outlook.