Compared to the present Edge, many options are straightforward to customise on the new Edge Chromium browser – and it follows the identical requirements as different browsers. One such customization is the organising of the default location to download the information utilizing the browser. Even although a minor characteristic, it helps in the event you download every day. In this information, we can be testing how to change the default download location for the new Microsoft Edge.
Change default download location in Edge browser
- Open Edge browser > Click the menu button (three horizontal dots)
- In the drop-down menu which seems, click on on the Settings menu merchandise
- It will open the Settings part of the Edge Browser
- Click on the Downloads part within the left panel
- Here, you will have two choices:
- Location: It shows the present location of the download folder. Then there’s a Change button to set the default download folder.
- Ask the place to save every file earlier than downloading. You can Toggle on or off.
If you need to select the download location each time, toggle on the second choice. But in the event you’re going to change the default location, you possibly can click on the Change button for the primary choice.
It will open a mini File Explorer pop up. Navigate round and choose the default location to download all of the information. Click okay, and you’ve got set a new default location for all future downloads.
Alternatively, you possibly can straight open the Downloads settings utilizing a shortcut. Type the below-mentioned command within the handle bar of the Microsoft Edge browser, and hit the Enter key.
I hope this information was useful.