NSF or Notes Storage Facility is a database utilized by IBM Lotus Notes and Domino servers. The .NSF files shops info like emails, contacts, person information, and extra. If you’re shifting to Outlook, you prefer to to carry all this with you and skim all of your earlier emails. The powerful half is that to convert NSF files into PST, that too for free, is a little bit tough. It could be accomplished, however there could be hiccups. In this publish, we are going to present you ways to convert from NSF to PST for free.
Convert NSF to PST free
There are two methods of doing it. We will counsel making an attempt each after which determining which works finest for you.
- Using CSV or Tab Separated Values Method
- Using Free NSD to PST converter software.
Make certain to create a separate profile on Outlook to confirm if every part works as anticipated, after which transfer to precise profile.
1] Using CSV or Tab Separated Values Method
The course of is simple. You want to export the Lotus Notes Mail files, after which import the exported mail file in Outlook.
Export from Lotus
- Open Lotus Notes, after which click on on the Mail tab.
- Go to File > Export, click on on it.
- The export wizard offers you two choices— Tabular Text and Structured Text. Since each are CSV and Outlook helps it, really feel free to select any of them.
- Click on proceed, put it aside with a reputation and site you’ll be able to bear in mind.
Import the CSV file in Outlook
- Open Microsoft Outlook
- Click on File > Open & Export > Import/Export
- In the Wizard that opens, select Import from one other program or file, after which click on on subsequent.
- Select Comma Separated Values, and click on on subsequent once more.
- Now you’ll be able to select to browse, and choose the file, after which resolve if you’d like duplicates to be created or skip them.
- Next, choose the Outlook folder the place you need to save your exported information and click on Next.
Post this; you should have to match the Lotus Fields with Outlook fields, so the info is imported within the present . It is the tough half so map every part appropriately, and that’s the first purpose I used to be asking to strive it out someplace, after which import it.
2] Free NSD to PST software
Github Tool NSF2X is a free NSD to PST converter software to convert NSD to PST for free. It can export EML, MBOX, and PST codecs. Here is the record of supported options:
- Exports the mail from Lotus Notes NSF files in MIME format. It will maintain the format and attachments intact.
- Can learn encrypted emails within the NSF files, eradicating the Lotus encryption and re-encrypting with the customers Exchange Certificate in RC2, 3DES, AES128 or AES256 codecs
- Supports each Full and Click To Run (AKA Office 365) variations of Outlook (Office 365 beta help)
- Supports combined 32 and 64-bit installations of Lotus Notes and Outlook
- Supports Unicode filenames (i.e., Accents within the NSF and PST filenames)
The solely restriction is that it wants Lotus working. So you will have to carry out this on the pc which has Lotus.
Here is how to use it:
Download the converter from right here, after which comply with the steps:
- Launch Lotus Notes, after which copy the NSF files to a short lived location. Optionally, however really useful launch Outlook.
- Launch “nsf2x.exe”, and enter the Lotus Notes password
- Press the “Open Session” button to open the connection to Notes
- Select the output sort as PST
- Modify the conversion choices as needed, enter the supply path of NSF-files, and enter the vacation spot path to comprise the transformed files.
- Press the “Convert” button to launch the conversion
If you get an exception, you want to handle it manually, i.e., lacking emails. You want to export it as an EML file, after which manually open it and import it immediately.