Windows Sandbox is likely one of the new options in Windows 10. Unfortunately, even if you’re utilizing the proper Windows 10 construct in VirtualBox, you can not use Windows Sandbox. Like VMware, VirtualBox requires particular assist out of your processor in order that it could actually create . If you attempt to with out this assist, you’ll discover a grayed out button in Windows Features window.
If Windows Sandbox shows some error message like:
- Windows Sandbox can’t be put in, The processor doesn’t have required virtualization capabilities
- You do not need SLAT (Second Level Address Translation)
You can repair this downside utilizing this information.
- You should have the latest model (6.x.x+) of VirtualBox. Older model VirtualBox doesn’t have nested virtualization assist.
- The second requirement is VirtualBox doesn’t assist nested virtualization on Intel CPUs, as of now. In different phrases, you could have AMD CPUs. VirtualBox has this limitation, and I hope future updates will raise this barrier.
Enable Windows Sandbox in VirtualBox
To enable and use Windows Sandbox in VirtualBox digital machine, observe these steps-
- Enable Nested VT-x/AMD-V
- Allow four cores
- Turn on Windows Sandbox in Windows Features
There is a particular setting that you simply want to enable in order to use nested virtualization in VirtualBox digital machine. This is known as Nested VT-x/AMD-V. Although it says VT-x, you can not enable this function if in case you have Intel CPU.
To discover this setting, open the VirtualBox, choose the digital machine, and click on the Settings button. After that, swap to System part and go to the Processor tab. From right here, you want to make two modifications.
First, you want to assign at the very least four cores to the digital machine. You can use the Processor(s) bar to elevate the core quantity.
Secondly, you want to choose the Enable Nested VT-x/AMD-V checkbox.
After that, click on the OK button to save your change.
Now, begin your digital machine, and seek for Turn Windows options on or off in the Taskbar search field. After opening the Windows Features panel, you ought to be ready to enable Windows Sandbox as common.
Hope this tip might be useful for you.
Read subsequent: .