In this put up, we’ll be tackling the problem of textual content messaging errors on the Samsung Galaxy S9 smartphone. You can begin noticing this concern while you notice your gadget can not both obtain or ship textual content messages. In some instances, it’ll present some error codes as you attempt to ship a textual content message.
Most of the problems normally happen because of corrupted knowledge/caches or misconfiguration of the gadget. As all the time, we’re right here to provide our assist in direction of fixing the issue. Luckily, the options to the problem are what you may sort out by yourself, take step one by studying the directions beneath on how one can clear up the textual content messaging errors.
Seven Ways to Fix Galaxy S9 Text Messaging Errors
- Check the settings of the Messages app
- Remove SMS service from iMessage
- Confirm the working mode of your telephone
- Clear the Messages app cache and knowledge
- Clear the working system cache
- Uninstall the newest third-party apps
- Update to the latest OS software program
Check the Settings of the Messages App
There is a risk that you just mistakenly change few settings in your Messages app that impacts the aptitude to obtain or ship a message. To confirm this, go to the settings and restore the modifications manually, and if you happen to don’t want the place the modifications happen, it’ll be greatest to reset the Messages app. To achieve this:
- Got to your Home display screen
- Click on the Apps menu
- Tap on Settings
- Select Applications
- Click on Application Manager
- Click on ALL
- Select Messages
After accessing the settings of the Messages app that’s beneath the Application Manager, it’s best to:
- Go to the Storage tab
- Tap on the Clear Cache choice
- Click on Clear Data
- Select the Delete button
Remove the SMS Service from iMessage
This methodology is strictly for Galaxy S9 person that beforehand insert the SIM there are utilizing at the moment on an Apple gadget. If that is the case, and also you uncover you solely have points with sending and obtain a textual content with non-Apple gadget customers. The downside right here might be that you just nonetheless use the Apple’s iMessage providers.
- Go to Apple’s iMessage deregistration service internet web page
- Browse to the No longer have you ever iPhone choice
- Open the Phone Number window and enter your quantity
- Select the Send Code choice
- Apple will ship you a deregistration affirmation code
- Enter the code within the Confirmation Code window
- Hit Submit
Confirm the Running Mode of your Phone
The concern right here can be the enabled Airplane Mode. You might need performed this by mistake, and activated Airplane Mode won’t ever permit you to ship or obtain a message. What you’ve gotten to do is to disable the mode, and all the pieces might be alright. To do that:
- Go to the Settings choice
- Click on the Airplane Mode part
- If it has been switched on, click on the controller to flip it again off
Clear the Messages App Cache and Data
Sometimes, bug or minor glitches could make this downside to happen in your Messages app. Try to clear its cache and knowledge, for this, go to the Application Manager web page beneath Applications within the General settings part.
- Go to All tabs
- Navigate till you find the texting app and click on on it after discovering it
- Click on Storage
- Tap on Clear Cache
- Click on Clear Data
- Hit on Delete
Clear the Operating System Cache
Try to put your Galaxy S9 into Safe Mode and examine your telephone habits within the mode. If you additionally expertise this sort of concern whereas the telephone is in protected temper, it normally means one factor; the working system wants a wipe cache partition.
- Tap and maintain the Power button
- Let go of it instantly while you see the Galaxy S9 brand
- Tap and maintain the Volume down key isntantly after that
- Release it solely after your gadget finishes rebooting
- If you do it accurately, you’ll see Safe Mode on the backside left nook of your display screen
If you might be having this identical concern after placing your telephone into Safe Mode, wipe the cache partition of the working system
Uninstall the Most Recent Third-Party Apps
It is extra of the continuation of the earlier methodology. If after entering into the Safe Mode, you cease encountering the textual content messages error, the preliminary downside might be as the results of the third-party apps you lately put in. Try to uninstall your entire latest app perhaps it may clear up the problem.
Update to the Latest OS Software
The methodology is just not essentially an motion that may immediately have an effect on the perform of your Messages app or efficiency of your Galaxy S9, however updating to the latest OS software program can by no means harm you.
If nothing works after performing all these actions, attempt to do a manufacturing facility reset or take your Samsung Galaxy S9 to knowledgeable technician.