If you will have observed in Disk Management, part of your onerous drive says Healthy (OEM partition), and occupies house in GBs, then it’s regular. There is nothing to fear about besides that a part of space for storing is just not out there. Even if you happen to right-click on it, solely the Help menu shows. In this information, we’ll share how one can merge or delete an OEM Partition in Windows 10/eight/7.
What is an OEM Partition
Also referred to as as , it’s positioned by the OEM to aid you get better your pc or return to the identical state because it was while you purchased the pc.
Merge or Delete an OEM Partition in Windows
won’t allow you to delete/merge the OEM partition. You could have to use the built-in command line instrument referred to as .
Be cautious earlier than you resolve to run the instructions, lest you mess up – it’s best to know what you might be doing:
- Open the Run immediate, sort diskpart, and hit Enter.
- Type, and enter checklist disk to checklist the disks.
- Select the disk you need to handle – say it’s Disk Z
- Then sort choose disk z and hit Enter.
- Enter checklist partition and hit Enter to show all of the volumes.
- Type choose partition x and hit Enter. Here x stands for the partition you need to delete.
- Finally, sort delete partition override and hit Enter to delete it.
- Now sort Extend to merge the OEM partition with the adjoining worth.
If you need solely to merge a part of the partition, then use lengthen [measurement=
Here measurement is the scale you select from the OEM partition. It will lengthen the chosen quantity by measurement in megabytes (MB). So like you’ll be able to see, delete and merge partition instructions work hand to hand. You want first to delete it after which merge it present partition.
If Diskpart instrument is just not to your liking, you might use a like EaseUS that has this characteristic, to do it rapidly and safely.