WMA or Windows Media Audio is a sequence of audio codecs. Microsoft develops it together with its corresponding audio coding codecs. You can play WMA files on Windows 10 utilizing Windows Media Player which comes preinstalled in Windows 10. So if you might have Windows 10 on your pc, WMP 12 is all you want to play. In this submit, we’re how one can play WMA files on Windows 10, and what to do if WMA doesn’t play in WMP.
How to play WMA files on Windows 10
This submit discusses the next subjects:
- How to set up Windows Media Player
- How to set WMA because the default participant in Windows 10
- What to do if WMA does not play in WMP.
How to set up Windows Media Player
WMP is included in clear installs of Windows 10 in addition to upgrades to Windows 10 from Windows eight.1 or Windows 7. However, in some editions of Windows 10, it’s included as an optionally available function. Follow the steps to set up Windows Media Player:
- Click on the Start button, and sort Control Panel
- Click on the “Control Panel Desktop App” which comes in the record.
- Navigate to Programs and then click on on Turn on Windows Features on or off
- In the pop-up home windows search for Media Features.
- Click on the plus icon and choose Windows Media Player
- Click on, and it can set up the WMP on Windows 10
Once put in, you possibly can play the WMA files straight away.
How to set Windows Media Player because the default participant
Windows Media Player consists of assist for a few of the hottest codecs, like MP3, Windows Media Audio, and Windows Media Video.
WMP helps WMA out of the field, and all you want to open the file with Windows Media Player. It is feasible that it’s WMP is not the default participant for WMA files. Here is how to change it:
- Right-click on the WMA file.
- Navigate to Open with > Choose one other app.
- It will open a immediate with an inventory of gamers put in on the pc.
- In the immediate, first Check the field which says “Always use this app to open .wma files.”
- Next choose Windows Media Player, and click on on the Ok button.
Notice the icon of the WMA file will look associated to the Windows Media Player icon. Double click on and it can play WMA files on Windows 10 utilizing Windows Media Player.
Read: How to allow DVD playback for Windows.
What to do if WMA does not play in WMP
Even after setting WMP because the default participant for WMA, if Windows 10 doesn’t play the format, then the issue is elsewhere. The codec is on the market with WMP, and there is no such thing as a want to set up it individually. However, if it nonetheless can’t play, right here is what you possibly can do:
1] Folder Permission
WMP 12 wants no less than learn permission to play music files on your pc. If you might have included your music folder, be certain it has learn permissions. This drawback often occurs when you might have moved folders from one other pc or upgraded Windows. You may have to .
2] License can’t be downloaded
It is a bit odd one. One of discussion board consumer reported that when it tried to play music which is on the market on its NAS server, he bought a license validation error. The participant tried to open a URL in the sting browser however resulted in – “Web browser is not supported drawback.”
Internet Explorer is on the market as a desktop app in Window 10. Search, open and paste the URL in the IE browser, and it might resolve the issue.
three] Microsoft Movies & TV app
Install the model new Movies & TV app from Microsoft Store. It is able to taking part in all of the codecs WMP 12 can play.
four] Install third-party gamers
There are many obtainable on the Internet. You can use them play each audio and video files on Windows 10.
Lastly, I’ve seen many suggestions the place you’re requested to obtain codecs. The choice is nonetheless not obtainable anymore in Windows Media Player > General tab.
Let us know if this helped you to play the WMA files in Windows 10.