If you might be a kind of Xbox Gamers who love to change the button structure on the controller, relying on the sport you play, you must know that it’s doable to remap these buttons in accordance to your liking. If you might be stunned, then Mapping buttons aren’t new. Gamers had been utilizing customized controllers for some time now, and due to this Xbox One began supporting this function, particularly with their Elite Controller.
Microsoft has an official app for this which is offered for each Xbox One and Windows 10. is supported on Windows 10 PCs as effectively for gaming, together with an possibility to .
In this information, I’ll share how one can remap Xbox One Controller buttons, sticks, bumpers, and many others, in accordance to your preferences on Xbox One and Windows 10 PC.
Install Xbox Accessories apps on Windows 10 & Xbox One
- Open Microsoft Store, and seek for Xbox Accessories.
- You can set up on your Windows 10 PC and Xbox One proper from there.
- Here is the link to obtain the app.
Remap Xbox One Controller buttons on PC & Xbox One
The steps stay identical for each Windows 10 & Xbox One with the exception that you just don’t have to join controller utilizing a wire with Xbox One, however for PC you might need to.
- Launch the Xbox Accessories app.
- If your controller is just not related, it’ll ask you “Connect an Xbox One controller to get began.”
- You can join your Xbox One controller to your PC both by USB Cable or when you’ve got the Wireless USB adapter or Bluetooth.
- Once it detects the controller, you must see your Xbox Account listed there as effectively. In case you don’t, it’ll immediate you to sign-in.
- Click on the Configure > Button mapping.
- The subsequent window will let you choose one of many buttons on the controller, and swap it with a distinct one. So in case you are left-handed, and you need the appropriate bumper to act as a left bumper, it could possibly do it for you. You can do the identical for triggers, D-pad buttons, and sticks.
- To do it even quicker, simply press two totally different buttons one after the opposite, and will probably be swapped. Just lengthy press on any of the buttons, and you’ll have the choice.
- Once accomplished, click on again, and will probably be all set.
What is nice in regards to the configuration right here is that wanting on the picture of your controller within the app, you may determine what’s swapped with what.
Apart from these, you will have choices to:
- Swap Sticks.
- Invert proper stick Y axis.
- Invert left stick Y axis.
- Swap triggers.
- And Disable vibration.
And when you really feel issues aren’t proper, and you want to begin over, simply hit the Restore Original, and every part can be again to default settings.
If you occur to personal an Xbox Elite Wireless controller, you’re going to get extra choices. The Elite controller can truly retailer lots of configurations on PC, and two on the controller. This makes it tremendous helpful if you play totally different video games, and have one for each recreation.
I actually want that this selection was obtainable for all controllers, and not only for the Elite controller. I’m positive if configurations will be saved with the Accessories app, it may be accomplished for all of the controllers. Maybe sooner or later, we’ll see this rolling out.
PC or Xbox One doesn’t detect Controller
In case your controller isn’t getting detected by your PC or Xbox One, I might recommend you discover somebody, and join to its Xbox One. It might so occur that it’s going to simply work once more if you join again to your gadgets, or an Update may simply repair it.
Xbox One Accessories app doesn’t assist the rest now. Even although Bluetooth keyboard is supported, there is no such thing as a manner to configure it. I’m assuming that Microsoft will solely assist gaming equipment with this app.