Microsoft Streams is a video streaming instrument in Office 365. Consumers use it to ship studio-quality Live video events throughout their group. In addition to broadcasting, they’ll monitor viewers engagement in real-time. In this information, we are going to share how to schedule/stream Live events using Microsoft Streams.
Schedule Live events using Microsoft Streams
There are two elements right here. First is to create and schedule, and the second is to stream the Live occasion. Let’s check out them one after the other.
- Create and schedule a Live occasion
- Open Microsoft Stream portal
- Create Live Event
- Assign permissions & invite folks
- Stream Live occasion
- Find the RTMP server ingest URL
- Setup the encoder with the URL
- Hit begin occasion button
1] Creating & scheduling Live events using Microsoft Streams
- Launch your Microsoft Stream dashboard, select ‘Create’ and choose the ‘Live occasion’ possibility.
- Fill in vital particulars beneath Event Setup when ‘Details’ pane opens. Details embody title, description, and occasion date/time.
- These particulars might be used to generate an computerized preview for finish customers.
- Now, choose the permissions pane to select people whom you prefer to to present entry to the video.
- When configured, the choices will take impact quickly after the occasion is full. Choose the ‘save’ button to save your Live occasion.
2] Streaming your Live occasion using Microsoft Streams
- Under Encoder setup, select “Configure manually” beneath Select encoder drop-down.
- Next search for an RTMP server ingest URL. It is accessible on the backside finish. Copy it.
- Next, go to Produce Controls, and click on on Start Setup button.
- When the setup is prepared, paste the server ingest URL into your encoder to begin sending the Live encoder feed to Microsoft Stream.
- At this level, you have to be ready to see the producer preview replace. Click on Pre-Live to view the setup.
- Next, choose ‘Start occasion’ in case you are satisfied in regards to the setup.
- After the occasion begins, viewers members can view the occasion.
- To finish the Stream occasion, click on the ‘End occasion’ button on the producer controls. The motion when confirmed will conclude the occasion and make the content material instantly out there for VOD.
It is important to point out right here that you must finish the occasion in Stream earlier than stopping your encoder. If you fail to do that or do the other of it, an error message is displayed earlier than viewers.
Note: An RMTP server ingest URL is a Real-Time Messaging Protocol supply from which knowledge may be taken and consumed immediately. In our case, video you might be streaming is accessible for fast use by way of the server ingest URL.
We hope this information made it simple for you to beneath how one can schedule/stream Live events using Microsoft Streams. For extra data, go to Microsoft.com.