One bug results in one other; one repair patch opens up one other. This is what is occurring with Windows 10 1809 replace which was re-released solely three days in the past. While the discharge had fastened known problems and user file deletion concern, it appears to have launched different points. This re-released Windows 10 v1809 causes Blue Screen & breaks Audio for some.
For some HP customers, it’s inflicting BSOD due to driver incompatibility concern, whereas those that are utilizing SST or Intel Smart Sound Technology (ISST) Driver isn’t in a position to hear any sound post-1809 replace. There is noting flawed together with your system, and solely patches from the OEMs will assist. Meanwhile, there are some workarounds which will assist you to.
Some HP Laptops see a Blue Screen
This is a distant concern the place HP users receive the blue display screen error. This BSOD reveals up for HP’s keyboard driver. While it wasn’t there with 1809, it’s being reported after the rollout of the current cumulative replace KB4464330 or KB4462919. It appears Microsoft is conscious of this and this got here in as affirmation from a client.
We’re conscious of the difficulty and working with HP to analyze.
Microsoft has a put a pause on the Update rollout for these PCs. As per the Microsoft agent, it is a identified concern for 17763.55 cumulative replace.
To repair this, Microsoft has rolled out KB4468304 that explains the difficulty. You might want to obtain and set up the replace.
In working with HP, Microsoft has recognized an HP driver with identified incompatibility with sure HP units on Windows 10 variations 1803 and 1809. On October 11, 2018 Microsoft eliminated the motive force from Windows Update to cut back the variety of units affected. Additionally, Microsoft has launched this replace to take away the incompatible driver from units pending reboot. HP is actively engaged on this concern.
After putting in the HP keyboard driver, model 11.zero.three.1, by way of Windows Update or if you happen to manually put in it, HP units could expertise a blue display screen cease error: WDF_VIOLATION.
You can obtain this KB update from here.
No Audio: Intel Smart Sound Technology (ISST) Driver Issue
If you might have Intel Smart Sound Technology, then it’s not Microsoft’s fault, however its Intel’s. The firm appears to have accidentally released model 9.21.00.3755 of the Intel Smart Sound Technology (ISST) Driver via Windows Update, and mistakenly provided it to a variety of units working Window 10 ve1803 or 1809.
While the replace is now not part of the Windows supply system, those that have already got this, you’ll have to manually take away it.
- Press WIN + X and choose Device Manager.
- Find and develop Sound, video, and recreation controllers.
- Look for a tool that has a yellow triangle with an exclamation point.
- Click on the gadget to pick out it.
- Go to the Device Manager View menu, and then choose Devices by connection.
- Look on the controller gadget – this needs to be Intel Smart Sound Technology driver model 09.21.00.3755.
- Right-click the controller gadget.
- Choose Properties.
- Switch to the Driver tab.
- If the motive force model is 9.21.zero.3755, you might have the motive force that was despatched to you incorrectly.
- Click Uninstall Device. You will get a popup asking if you wish to take away the motive force.
- Check the checkbox as proven in order that the motive force will likely be eliminated.
- Click Uninstall
- When the motive force is uninstalled, reboot your system.
- Your audio (audio system and headphones) ought to work after the reboot.
While the above answer will work for certain, in case it doesn’t, right here is one other answer.
In the Device Manager, find the SST driver. Right-click > Update Driver > Browse and this time choose High Definition Audio. SST will disappear from right here, and your audio needs to be again in place.
Are you dealing with some other points?