Accessing any file through the command line is feasible, and it has been like that for many years. However, doing so will not be a simple affair in Windows 10 or another model of the working system for that matter. With that in thoughts, then, we selected to hunt out a software that would get the job completed and in the simplest way. The program we’re going to talk about right this moment is named SlickRun, and it’s a command-line utility designed for Windows 10 and over variations of the working system. Now, from what we’ve come to know since using this software, it may give customers entry to nearly any website or program with relative ease.
You see, customers can create aliases, generally known as MagicWords, and that is tremendous simple to do in your info. Its a formidable piece of package, this SlickRun, and since our first time using it, now we have used it fairly often. We are fairly positive many people will discover solace on this software program going ahead as a result of it’s helpful and simple to know.
Now, for many who may discover it tough understanding tips on how to get round using SlickRun, effectively, proceed studying as a result of as typical, we’ve received the juice.
SlickRun – Open a program or website using the command line
Bear in thoughts that after set up, the consumer is not going to see a display screen since the software ferries itself to the taskbar. Everything is finished from that part, and its fairly simple to know, at the least, from our standpoint.
1] New Magic Word
To get issues up and operating the simple method, you might want to add magic phrases for your whole essential information and web sites. We counsel right-clicking on the icon on the Taskbar, then choose Setup. From right here, the Setup window must be seen, so simply click on on New Magic Word so as to add issues manually.
Additionally, the window must be populated with a number of gadgets inside the Library. So a lot of the laborious work ought to exit of the door straight away.
2] New Shortcuts
OK, so when it comes right down to including new shortcuts, please right-click on the icon in the Taskbar then choose New Shortcut so as to add them. To see the newly added shortcuts, then, please right-click once more and choose Shortcuts to view all of them.
Yes, its that simple and shouldn’t take a lot out of you to get it completed in any respect.
three] Use a magic phrase
To launch a program or website through a magic phrase, simply sort the phrase in the search field and hit Enter. Alternatively, you may fireplace it up from the Setup window, however that’s a chore so we recommend using the search field possibility.
List of keyboard instructions:
- Up arrow or F3: Scroll upward (earlier) in command historical past
- Down arrow: Scroll downward (later) in command historical past
- ALT+F: Search for the textual content typed as far as a prefix in the command historical past
- Shift+ALT+F: Search for the textual content typed to date *anyplace* in the command historical past
- ALT+M: Show MagicWords checklist
- ALT+S: Search for the textual content typed to date in the Start Menu
- CTRL + /: Replace all characters in the SlickRun field with /
- CTRL + : Replace all / characters in the SlickRun field with
- CTRL+TAB: Cycle between SlickRun home windows
- CTRL + A: Select all Command Bar textual content
- CTRL + C: Copy chosen textual content to clipboard
- CTRL+I: Show a File-selection dialog
- CTRL + F: Show File Selection dialog field
- CTRL + T: Transpose the final two phrases in the SlickRun field
- CTRL + X: Cut chosen textual content to clipboard
- CTRL + V: Paste textual content from clipboard
- TAB or CTRL+RIGHT: Move to the subsequent delimiter (,/, or area) in the auto-completed textual content
- SHIFT+TAB or CTRL+LEFT: Move to the earlier delimiter
- CTRL+Delete: Delete present merchandise from historical past
- CTRL+Shift+Delete: Delete all historical past
Download SlickRun straight from the official website when prepared.