Sometimes when launching an Office program, you could get an error saying “Something went flawed, We couldn’t start your program.” You might have a problem with the Office file, and any app you attempt to launch offers you a similar error. It applies to Office 2019/2016, Office for Business, Office 365 Home and Business editions. In this information, we’ll aid you repair this downside
Office error – Something went flawed
1] Restart your system
It is feasible that apps could be getting caught due to the background course of. That course of might be blocking the app launch. So no less than look ahead to a couple of minutes, restart your system after which relaunch the app. You can even attempt to sign-in again with the Microsoft account linked to your Office.
If you aren’t certain which account you have been utilizing, observe the steps to determine it out.
- Open any Office App.
- Click on File, after which search for your title on top-right.
- Click on it, and can reveal the e-mail or Microsoft account associated with Office.
2] Repair Office from Apps and Features
Windows 10 presents restore options which substitute a number of the core recordsdata with unique recordsdata.
- Open Windows Settings, after which choose Apps and Features.
- Scroll to search out your Microsoft Office set up, and click on on it, after which click on on Modify.
- It will open a window.
- Choose or Online Repair after which click on on the Repair button.
When you select to restore, you would possibly get two choices. It relies on how the Microsoft Office was put in, i.e., Web Installer or Offline installer (MSI primarily based).
- Web Installer: When prompted how would you wish to restore Office, choose Online Repair > Repair. Do not use fast restore choice right here.
- MSI-based: In “Change your set up”, choose Repair after which click on Continue.
The restore course of makes certain that the app knowledge stays untouched.
three] Try Reinstalling Office
If each the steps don’t work, it’s best to reinstall Office. Make certain to make use of the to uninstall Office fully, after which reinstall it. If throughout reinstallation, , you’ll be able to select to obtain the offline installer, after which full the set up course of. Make certain to pick the right model throughout workplace set up.
Let us know if it helped you to repair the difficulty for “Something went flawed” error once you attempt to start an Office app.