Windows customers at occasions could face an sudden error whereas attempting to entry shared sources. When attempting to entry a shared folder, they get the next error: The specified network name is no longer available.
Imagine a hypothetical case the place a network of computer systems in an workplace are related below the identical native Windows area. One of the methods which related to the printer is used to print paperwork and was working advantageous, until sooner or later customers begin reporting that they’re unable to entry the shared folder used to ship the paperwork for printing. While the shared folder is seen to the PC related to the printer, it offers the talked about error to customers utilizing the related methods.
The specified network name is no longer available
Try the next options one after the other and verify if they assist resolve your situation:
1] Disable Symantec Endpoint Protection
One identified case of this situation is interference with Symantec Endpoint Protection. So in case you have it put in in your system, disable it and see.
- Right-click on the Start button and choose Command Prompt (Administrator) and sort the command: smc -stop.
- Press Enter and it’d partially cease Symantec Endpoint Protection. Check if it solves the difficulty. If not, attempt the instructions: smc -disable –ntp after which smc -disable -ntp -p <password>. The second command disables the firewall.
- Later, to allow the Symantec Endpoint Protection sort smc -start and to allow the firewall, sort smc -disable –ntp.
2] Turn OFF User Account Control briefly
To isolate the difficulty,. This is not advisable by Microsoft so we must flip to again as soon as we establish the issue.
three] Disable your antivirus software program
Temporarily disable your antivirus software program and verify if the customers can entry the shared folders after that. Enable the software program as soon as this case is remoted.
four] Grant permissions to the shared folder
- Right-click on the folder and choose Properties among the many choices.
- In the Security tab, choose Advanced and within the Advanced menu, go to the listing of householders.
- Verify and modify the permissions as desired.
Ideally, this could have been step one for folder entry points, nonetheless, owing to the error message, it is most likely extra of a difficulty with the firewall or end-point safety.
5] Enable SMBv1, SMBv2, & SMBv3 on the problematic system
If the difficulty is particular to 1 or a couple of methods, we’d take into account on the problematic methods.
Hope one thing right here helps you.