Sticky Notes is a Windows app, and in contrast to different purposes like , it doesn’t retailer textual content in easy TXT file. Instead, it shops all the info in a database named plum.sqlite. Whatever textual content you retailer in accessible in this database. It is a SQL Lite Database. In this submit, we’ll see the place Sticky Notes are saved in Windows 10, i.e., its actual bodily location.
Where are Sticky Notes saved in Windows 10
Open the File Explorer, and click on on the handle bar
Copy paste this handle, and hit Enter:
It will reveal the Stick Notes folder location together with all of the information.
Look for a database file with title plum.sqlite.
If you wish to copy notes from this laptop to a different laptop. Copy the plum.sqlite file, and paste on the identical location as one other laptop. Then if you launch Sticky Notes on one other laptop, you’ll be able to see all of your notes. Make positive to learn the detailed submit to .
Extract Sticky Notes information with out the app
Now we all know the situation the place Sticky Notes saves its information, and that they are accessible in an SQL Lite Database. While there isn’t any solution to learn by opening in a Notepad, you should utilize a free SQL database reader comparable to DB Browser.
If you wish to learn it with out utilizing the Sticky Notes app, right here is how you can do it.
- Download DB browser for SQL Lite, and set up it.
- Next, seek for it in the Start and open it.
- In the DB browser software program, click on on Open Database
- Navigate to plum.sqlite file location, and choose to open it.
- The first tab will reveal Database Structure, and the second tab is Browse information. Switch to it.
- It will element all the info in the Sticky Notes in the type of rows.
- Each row in the database represents one Note in Sticky Note.
- Click on the Text column and the info of that word will seem on the left.
- Copy the entire textual content through the use of Ctrl + A and Ctrl + C.
There is one caveat, although. Each line is preceded by a textual content which appears just like id=2d4fe8d6-aec3-4ce9-8494-5169122d7597. You should take away all of them.
That stated, you’ll be able to go all geeky about it. You can copy textual content from the database reader, and make an enter to a different database of Sticky Notes.
It is helpful to know the Sticky Notes Saved location in Windows when it is advisable to take a backup and restore.