The features a System Hive, which is the core a part of Windows. Windows OS retailer tons of settings, choices, and configurations there. If you see a Device Manager Error Code 49 for a tool, it implies that the system hive has exceeded its dimension restrict. In this submit, we’re a potential resolution that can assist you resolve error code 49.
Windows cannot start new hardware units as a result of the system hive is just too giant (exceeds the Registry Size Limit), (Code 49)
Sometimes it might so occur that the machine or units are now not connected to the pc, however are nonetheless listed within the system hive of the registry. Imagine when you had been eradicating purposes, and hardware for years, and so they had been by no means faraway from the registry. The dimension of the hive retains rising till it hits the utmost restrict.
Error Code 49, Windows cannot start new hardware machine
Since the Registry is so necessary and complicated, it’s not secure to manually change something even you probably have good data. It is a everlasting a part of the Registry related to a set of recordsdata that include data associated to the configuration of the pc on which the working system is put in. So solely approach to resolve this error is to take away or uninstall any hardware units that you’re now not with the system.
By default, Device Manager hides such units. So comply with the tactic to .
- To set Device Manager to indicate units which can be now not linked to the pc.
- Open Run, and sort cmd. This will launch the command immediate.
- Type the next command, after which press Enter: set devmgr_show_nonpresent_devices=1
- This will allow hidden units choice.
- Use Win + X + M to open the Device Manager.
- Click on View, after which choose Show hidden units. This will reveal all of the units that aren’t linked to the pc however nonetheless talked about.
- Select a non-present machine. On the Driver tab, select Uninstall.
- Repeat step three for any non-present units that you’re now not utilizing. Then restart your laptop.
Once you might be by that almost all or all of the units have been eliminated, you possibly can test the machine Properties dialog field in Device Manager to see whether or not the error is resolved.
PS: You can use to take away any further hardware. You may also present non-present units by tweaking Environment Variables and take away the outdated machine drivers. Device Cleanup Tool will enable you to take away a number of or all outdated, non-present units out of your Windows laptop. can assist you take away outdated, unused, hidden machine drivers. In case you will have points with Unknown Drivers, then this submit will enable you to determine & troubleshoot Unknown Devices.
Let us know if it helped you to repair your drawback with the machine.
Tomorrow we’ll see how one can repair Error Code 19, Windows cannot start this hardware machine. More Device Manager Error Codes and their options right here.