In in the present day’s publish, we are going to discover the trigger after which present the answer to the difficulty of why the native laptop behaves as if the Windows brand key is being pressed after you turn from a Remote Desktop Protocol (RDP) session in Windows 10.
Windows key stuck after switching from Remote Desktop session
After you begin a session to a distant laptop, your native Windows 10 laptop behaves as in case you are all the time urgent and holding the Windows brand key. For instance, if you press R, the field opens. When you press E, File Explorer begins.
You’ll encounter this difficulty should you use specific settings in your Remote Desktop connection and you are taking the next steps:
1. Before you connect with the distant laptop, open the Local Resources tab of the Remote Desktop Connection dialog field, and set Apply Windows key combos to both On the distant laptop or Only when utilizing the complete display.
2. To begin the Remote Desktop session, choose Connect.
three. You choose Only when utilizing the complete display, after which develop the Remote Desktop session window to full display.
four. Or you choose On the distant laptop, then proceed with the next key sequence:
- Press and maintain the L key.
- Press and maintain the Windows brand key.
- Release the L key.
- Release the Windows brand key.
5. Finally, you then now disconnect the Remote Desktop session or change from the Remote Desktop session window to a window on the native laptop.
To work round this difficulty, press and launch the Windows brand key once more after you come to the native laptop.
Hope this helps!